These plants commonly grow outdoors, however, when they are young, they can be seen within an indoor area. These bushes have thick stems and fleshy branches.
Taking care and growing adenium obesum, a succulent plant more commonly known as Desert Rose, is not challenging, and the plant will reward you with its unusual shape, beautiful deep red to pure white flowers and its tolerance of occasional neglect. With the right conditions, adenium obesum can be a fast growing and stunning houseplant!
|Common Name||Desert rose, adenium|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Their foliage is generally oval-shaped and varies in size (2-7 inches). The size generally depends on the maturity of the plant and its location|
|Flower Color||Beautiful deep red to pure white flowers|
|Bloom Time||year round blooming plant|
Care And Nurture
- These plants require much sunlight for proper development. If they are growing in cloudy locations, they become spindly and develop less vibrant blooms.
- Water them 2 to 3 times a week.
- Daily watering is essential only during hot summer days.
Soil and Fertilizer
- The plant needs a good quality, coarse potting mix of 65% perlite, 5% rock, 5% sand and 20% top soil with coir or a small percentage of peat.
- Established adeniums do not need much care, Do not fertilize when flowering because it may cause the flower to drop. Do not add fertilizer until the plant has been in the pot for 2 to 3 months.
- Remember using regular potting mixes and top soils will cause root rot!