These plants commonly grow outdoors, however, when they are young, they can be seen within an indoor area.
These bushes have thick stems and fleshy branches. Their foliage is generally oval-shaped and varies in size (2-7 inches). The size generally depends on the maturity of the plant and its location. These plants commonly grow outdoors, however, when they are young, they can be seen within an indoor area.
Taking care and growing adenium obesum, a succulent plant more commonly known as Desert Rose, is not challenging, and the plant will reward you with its unusual shape, beautiful deep red to pure white flowers and its tolerance of occasional neglect. Desert Rose plants found at the garden shop are usually grown from seed and similar to the true species found in nature. With the right conditions, adenium obesum can be a fast growing and stunning houseplant.
|Common Name||Desert rose,adenium|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Their foliage is generally oval-shaped and varies in size (2-7 inches). The size generally depends on the maturity of the plant and its location|
|Flower Colour||Beautiful deep red to pure white flowers|
|Bloom Time||year round blooming plant|
Care And Nurture
- These plants require much sunlight for proper development.
- they become spindly and develop less vibrant blooms if they are growing in cloudy locations
- Some species can withstand 30 to 50% shade and the sun can burn their foliage.
- Water them 2 to 3 times a week.
- Daily watering is essential only during hot summer days.
soil and fertilizer
- The plant needs a good quality, coarse potting mix
- Do not add fertilizer until the plant has been in the pot for 2 to 3 months
- Established adeniums do not need much care
- Do not fertilize when flowering because it may cause the flower to die